Summer 2012 Christian Education Classes
Join us for our Christian Education classes Sundays at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
May 27, 2012 through August 26, 2012 Classes offered:
Children (Age 2 through 6th grade)
1. Preschool (Ages 2–4). From the New Testament, students will learn about the birth and life of Jesus, God’s Son. Taught by Andrea Williams.
2. Younger Elementary (Grades K–3). Studying God’s Word – The Bible as God’s Word and its place in our lives. Taught by Kevin and Rachael McMullen.
3. Older Elementary (Grades 4–6). 1 Samuel to Esther – The kings of Israel and Judah, the captivity in Babylon and the returned exiles. Taught by Josh Kiihne.
1. Missions Part II – God’s Cross-cultural Mission. We live on a constantly spinning globe among ever changing societies and yet serve a God who has an unchanging mission. Learn how we can best participate with God in making the glory of Jesus Christ known to those in our culture and beyond. This class is a requirement for those serving on the Cherokee mission team. Taught by multiple teachers.
2. Friendship Class (Special Needs). Telling Your Friends About Jesus and Caring for God’s World – These lessons emphasize the importance of having friends, introduce Jesus as our best friend, and encourage friends to tell their friends about him. In addition, the class focuses on God as the Creator of the world and His desire for us to take care of it. Taught by a group teacher and one adult/teen mentor for each student.