Sundays at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
December 2, 2012 through March 3, 2013
Children (Age 2 through 6th grade)
1. Preschool (Ages 2–4): God Leads His People – God’s thrilling rescue of Israel from Egypt and how the Old Testament points to the Savior. Taught by Fiona Hanley.
2. Younger Elementary (Grades K–3): Knowing Jesus – Children learn to trust and obey Christ through stories from the Gospels. Taught by Claire Waugh.
3. Older Elementary (Grades 4–6): Come connect the dots of God’s redemptive history in the life, work, and teachings of Christ in the Gospels. Taught by Maria Dunn.
1. Exploring Crossroads: This class is for those who would like to learn more about our church, our beliefs, and the basis for our beliefs. Through searching the Bible and interactive discussion, the participants gain a deeper understanding of the Christian life and how we seek to live it at Crossroads. This class is required for youth and adults who wish to join our church. Taught by Don Sampson.
2. Exploring the Old Testament Part II: Join us as we continue to progress through the Old Testament, noting how it all holds together as one story leading toward Christ. We’ll focus in on the latter half of Israel’s history, the Psalms, the Wisdom literature and the major and minor prophets. Taught by Tim Carroll. Handouts for this class are listed below:
Ecclesiastes and Song Solomon Handout
Ecclesiastes Song Show
Jonah and Amos Handout
Jonah and Amos Show
Amos and Hosea Handout
Amos and Hosea Show
Micah, Nahum and Obadiah Handout
Micah, Obadiah and Nahum Show
Hababakuk and Zephaniah Handout
Habakkuk and Zephaniah Show
Jeremiah & Lamentations Handout
Jeremiah & Lamentations Show
1-2 Chronicles Show
Daniel and Ezekiel Handout
Ezekiel and Daniel Show
Joel, Haggai, Zechariah & Malachi Handout
Haggai, Zech, Malachi & Joel Show
3. Friendship Class (Special Needs): God our Father – This quarter the Friendship Class will be studying the story of God’s creation, God’s relationship with his people, and God’s promise to send a Savior. Taught by a group teacher and one adult/teen mentor for each student.