Spring 2010 Christian Education Classes
Sundays 9:15–10:15 am
March 7, 2010 through May 30, 2010
Children (Age 2 through 6th grade)
1. Nursery (Ages 2–4). Students will learn about the birth and stories of Jesus, God’s Son, in the New Testament. Taught by Marcy Naylor and Andrea Williams in Room 130.
2. Grades K–3. Studying God’s Word – Taught by Tina Willsher in Room 132.
3. Grades 4–6. Telling Others – Taught by Alix Davis in Room 134.
1. Kingdom Focused Prayer. Have you wondered how a hymn could be used in prayer? Have you considered what the Bible says about what you should say to God?
For answers to these and many other questions prayerfully consider the upcoming class about kingdom focused Prayer!
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15f rom whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (ESV)
In this passage of Scripture we see the importance of godly love that surpasses knowledge. To obtain this love of Christ we need Christ to dwell in our hearts. To have Christ in our hearts we need to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in our inner being. Bowing knees in prayer before the Father, we can ask Him to strengthen us with power through His Spirit in our inner being.
Crossroads desires that our fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ be strengthened in knowing the love of God so that we can grow in our love for others and increasingly make Christ known.
For the next quarter of Christian Education at Crossroads we will be offering one class for the teens and adults. “Kingdom Focused Prayer” will be led by Ruling Elder Fritz Thornton in Room 113.
The format of this class will include:
- A hymn.
- A devotional review of a passage of Holy Scripture.
- Discussion of prayer and topics for prayer.
- Prayer in smaller groups within the class. (Note: some folks will pray out loud in the small groups and some may prefer to pray silently.)
Prayer is intimacy with our infinite and almighty God. It is our desire that you will set your hearts on this goal of growing in the love of Christ and join us in this opportunity to learn about prayer and to pray together. Join us as we share guidance from God’s Word on prayer and pray boldly and specifically for His kingdom, including the needs of Crossroads.
2. Friendship Class (Special Needs). God, Our Father – Focuses on the Old Testament to learn of God’s creation, God’s relationship with his people, and God’s promise to send a Savior. Taught by a group teacher and one adult/teen mentor for each student in Room 104.