Sunday, December 16: Invite your family, friends, and neighbors to join us in celebrating the Advent Season with Cookies and Carols, 7:00pm, December 16th at the Boys and Girls Club. Enjoy Scripture readings, Christmas carols, and special music performances by our Seasonal Ensemble. Please contact Andrea Williams at 703-791-4398 or email@example.com if you are able to help with set-up or clean-up, or if you would like to bring cookies to share.
Community Outreach – we will go out in groups of three or four into the surrounding neighborhoods to simply tell our neighbors about Crossroads, invite them to Cookies and Carols, and ask them if there’s any way we can pray for them. No training is needed. We will meet at 1 p.m. at the Dumfries Boys and Girls Club in the church office.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dumfries Christmas Parade, 1:00p.m. at the Town Hall. Come out and support this local community event.
Crossroads Youth will be participating in the parade and singing carols.
Who: ALL 7th-12th graders are invited to the Dumfries Christmas Parade. We will be Christmas caroling from the back of a truck. The parade theme is Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
When: 11:00 am – ~3:30 pm on Saturday, December 8th
Where: Meet at the Dumfries Boys and Girls Club at 11:00 am
Why: To participate in a local community event and let folks know that Crossroads is here to make an impact!
RSVP by 5 Dec to Dawn Assadourian at 254-394-3974 or Chuck at 254-220-2664 (text or call)
Sundays at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
December 2, 2012 through March 3, 2013
Children (Age 2 through 6th grade)
1. Preschool (Ages 2–4): God Leads His People – God’s thrilling rescue of Israel from Egypt and how the Old Testament points to the Savior. Taught by Fiona Hanley.
2. Younger Elementary (Grades K–3): Knowing Jesus – Children learn to trust and obey Christ through stories from the Gospels. Taught by Claire Waugh.
3. Older Elementary (Grades 4–6): Come connect the dots of God’s redemptive history in the life, work, and teachings of Christ in the Gospels. Taught by Maria Dunn.
1. Exploring Crossroads: This class is for those who would like to learn more about our church, our beliefs, and the basis for our beliefs. Through searching the Bible and interactive discussion, the participants gain a deeper understanding of the Christian life and how we seek to live it at Crossroads. This class is required for youth and adults who wish to join our church. Taught by Don Sampson.
2. Exploring the Old Testament Part II: Join us as we continue to progress through the Old Testament, noting how it all holds together as one story leading toward Christ. We’ll focus in on the latter half of Israel’s history, the Psalms, the Wisdom literature and the major and minor prophets. Taught by Tim Carroll. Handouts for this class are listed below:
Ecclesiastes and Song Solomon Handout
Ecclesiastes Song Show
Jonah and Amos Handout
Jonah and Amos Show
Amos and Hosea Handout
Amos and Hosea Show
Micah, Nahum and Obadiah Handout
Micah, Obadiah and Nahum Show
Hababakuk and Zephaniah Handout
Habakkuk and Zephaniah Show
Jeremiah & Lamentations Handout
Jeremiah & Lamentations Show
1-2 Chronicles Show
Daniel and Ezekiel Handout
Ezekiel and Daniel Show
Joel, Haggai, Zechariah & Malachi Handout
Haggai, Zech, Malachi & Joel Show
3. Friendship Class (Special Needs): God our Father – This quarter the Friendship Class will be studying the story of God’s creation, God’s relationship with his people, and God’s promise to send a Savior. Taught by a group teacher and one adult/teen mentor for each student.
Crossroads reaches out to those with special needs – we call it our “Friendship Class”.
Would you like to better know your neighbors? Would you like your neighbors to know Jesus Christ? This Saturday, November 17th, is Community Relational Outreach Day, and we will be pursuing both of these goals.
We’ll send out teams of three or four into the surrounding neighborhoods to simply tell our neighbors about Crossroads, invite them to Pie & Praise, and ask them if there’s any way we can pray for them. No training is needed, only a soul stirred by Christ’s love, willing feet and words of invitation.
We will meet at 1 p.m. at the Dumfries Boys and Girls Club in the church office. The church office is located on the main floor by the staircase. There will be a brief time of orientation and prayer prior to setting out into surrounding neighborhoods. We should all be done between 2:30 and 3:30.
Our Annual Pie and Praise event was a great evening of joyful thanksgiving.
We would like to thank everyone for all of their hard work that helped to make this event a success.